Region:
Argentina
Category:
Technology

Toyota strengthened its growth in Argentina

According to the balance they registered a record in production and sales, besides Toyota announced a productive investment of U$S 800 million to expand its plant in Zarate, Buenos Aires Province

With a record production of 94.468 units and an interannual growth in sales volume in the domestic market of 19.4%, Toyota Argentina informed the results of its balance of activities in 2013.

With the firm intention of becoming a production base and export for Latin American region of the Hilux SW4 models, last September, the automotive activity announced the productive investment of $ 800 million to expand its plant in Zarate, Province Buenos Aires. These two models, along with Corolla and RAV4, managed to maintain during 2013 the lead for sales in the local market within their respective segments.

The Hilux pick-up once again reaffirmed its position as preferred by the Argentines, leading sales for the eighth consecutive year with 27,566 units sold, 36.2% of market holding. An analogous case presented in the segment of medium-sized SUV in which SW4, also produced locally led sales with 2,775 units. For the second consecutive year, Corolla (15,879 units sold) and RAV4 (3,308 units) also topped the preferences of buyers in the segment of midsize sedans and compact SUVs, respectively.

The new RAV4, entirely remodeled, was one of two models that the company introduced in the domestic market in 2013. The other was the Toyota Etios, which marked a milestone by becoming the first compact car marketed by the terminal in the country. It was officially launched in September after exhausting the available units in the pre sale, and by year-end, in December launched the Etios Sales Cross version.

The 94.468 units manufactured at the plant in Zárate represent an increase of 2% over the production values ​​recorded in 2012. 68% of the vehicles were destined for export and the remaining 32% to the domestic market. According to forecasts of the company, once the total investment of $ 800 million is consolidated, in 2015 is expected to achieve annual production capacity of 140,000 units, with 1,000 additional jobs created in the region. Expansion work covered 116,000 m2 and 100,000 m2 of logistics beaches are already running. The first of the plants opened will be the chassis and the rear axles.

Renowned for the quality of its vehicles, its sales and after sales service and focused on continuous improvement and innovation culture, Toyota Argentina continues to contribute to the growth of the domestic industry and the community.